The word “diet” of Greek origin means regulated nutrition, medical nutrition. Dietetics is the science of nutrition. In addition to up-to-date, balanced nutritional advice, our dietitian with clinical experience provides patients with individualized dietary advice to cure various ailments.
We also help you compile special diets (lactose, flour sensitivity, diabetes, biliary diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases, etc.).
The dietitian, with knowledge of food chemistry, biochemistry and nutrition science, as well as other useful practical knowledge, compiles the most ideal, personalized nutritional plan. The dietitian offers efficient help in changing lifestyles, maintaining good health, and preventing illnesses. In case of a serious illness or condition, the dietitian draws up a personalized lifestyle and nutrition plan for the patient, with particular reference to their medical history, medical condition, and the course of their illness.
In what cases should we consult a dietitian?
It is worth visiting a dietitian in the following life situations or diseases:
- Creating maternity diet plan
- Creating an infant or child diet plan
- Weight gain
- Nutrition allergies and hypersensitivity (e.g. food allergy, food intolerance, gluten sensitivity)
- Gluten-related diseases
- Complaints caused by milk consumption (lactalbumin allergy, lactose sensitivity, etc.)
- Gastric diseases (e.g. gastric ulcer)
- Intestinal diseases (e.g. Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Diseases of the pancreas
- Diseases of the liver
- Cardiovascular diseases (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart attack)
- Biliary disorders – gallstones, cholecystitis
- Kidney diseases – nephritis
- Tumorous diseases
Dietary counselling includes the following processes:
- Establishing a dietary/nutritional diagnosis (medical history and nutrition plan)
- Integrating aspects of dietetics into an individual’s diet and lifestyle (to facilitate this, using sample diets and nutrient tables as needed)
Methods of dietary counselling:
- Recording of nutritional history
- Anthropometric examinations
- Body height, body weight, BMI
- Diagnostic tests
- Body fat percentage measurement, dietary diary analysis
- Dietary and nutritional recommendations
- With sample diets, nutrient tables