Neurology is the specialty that deals with the organic abnormalities and disorders of the central (brain and spinal cord) and peripheral nervous system.
Symptoms indicating a nervous system disorder may be: headache, dizziness, balance and movement coordination disorders, numbness of the limbs, weakness, speech disorder, vision disorder, vegetative disorders (urine and stool retention disorder), muscle cramps, loss of consciousness, other disorders of the thought process, memory problems, and pain syndromes.
Several internal medicine diseases (such as diabetes, hypertension, liver disease, metabolic and hormone disorders etc.) may have effects on or complications affecting the nervous system.
- taking individual and family medical history
- general physical examination
- detailed neurological examination
- further examinations may be recommended based on the neurological symptoms and findings in order to establish an accurate diagnosis.
The necessary additional examinations are available at our clinic.
Frequent neurological complaints and disorders
- primary headaches (primary, in other words no organic abnormality is detected as the cause of the headache, such as in case of migraines, tension headaches, or clusters)
- circulatory disorders of the brain
- sclerosis multiplex
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders (tremor, dystonia, etc.)
- intervertebral disc herniation with neurologic complications
- dementias (Alzheimer’s, fronto-temporal dementia, etc.)
Our tasks after establishing the diagnosis include treatment, care of patients, recommending adequate therapy, even surgery in certain cases and providing regular follow-up.