The general ENT specialist examination includes the assessment of the ears, head, face, external nose, nasal cavity, oral cavity, oropharynx, nasopharynx, larynx, hypopharynx, and the neck region. We perform auditory perception tests with a tuning fork, with the whispered voice test and testing in normal conversational tone.
Under certain circumstances (e.g. dizziness), special otoneurology and vestibular tests are also performed.
In case any abnormality or disorder is detected during the examination, treatment is offerred (cerumen removal, treatment of aphtas with ointment, etc.). The skin prick test may also be performed in case of signs of a respiratory allergy. Read more about this in the allergy section.
Within ENT, special emphasis is devoted to
- screening for head and neck tumors (especially important in smokers)
- the possibility of allergology examination, consultation
- auditory perception testing
- tinnitus service
- investigation of patients complaining of dizziness or snoring, or nasal breathing problems
- specialist examination of children from age 0.
Investigation is followed by discussion of the detected abnormalities, giving recommendations, reports, and requesting further examinations, as necessary.