Our patients are treated by surgeons with many years of professional experience. Following the examination, patients are provided with detailed information about their surgeries. Our surgeons can refer our clients for laboratory tests to make an accurate diagnosis and, if necessary, recommend additional imaging diagnostic examinations such as X-rays, ultrasounds, CT and MRI scans.
In which cases is it recommended to see a surgeon?
Our patients who turn to our specialists mostly come because of skin or soft tissue lesions, gallstones, abdominal wall hernias, dilated varicose veins, haemorrhoids or thyroid gland enlargement. They often visit the clinic with specific symptoms and complaints characteristic of the given disease. These include gallstone cramp attacks and abdominal wall and groin pain after physical exertion. Benign tumours in the soft tissues of the body, skin, breasts, abdominal viscera, as well as the endocrine and exocrine glands, also require surgery.
The course of the surgical practice
Based on the patient’s complaints and medical history, the following examinations and procedures may be performed at the surgical clinic:
- General examination, assessment and recording of the patient’s current condition, diagnosis of diseases recognizable by physical examination, indication and ordering of additional specialist examinations for the confirmation of surgical diseases arising on the basis of complaints
- Ordering different types of laboratory and imaging tests, functional tests
- Physical and instrumental examination of the rectum – anoscopy, rectoscopy
- Performing outpatient small surgeries: soft tissue lesions removal on the skin and under the skin
- Preoperative examination of patients preparing for surgery
Postoperative follow-up of patients and suture removal are also performed by a surgeon.
General surgical procedures at Medicover Private Hospital
- Removal of skin lesions
- Laparoscopic gallstone surgery, gallbladder removal
- Thyroid surgeries
- Hernia surgeries
- Haemorrhoid surgeries
- Lipoma removal
- Rectal polyp surgery
- Excision and treatment of abscesses and fistulas
- Varicose vein surgery
Outpatient small surgeries
- Excision, burning and eradication of skin and subcutaneous lesions by histological examination
- Solving nail problems
- Ingrown nail excision