We provide diagnostic and therapeutic care for respiratory allergic diseases, food allergies, and different types of skin conditions.
Several skin diseases may be caused by allergic reactions.
Possible allergic symptoms are:
- severe allergic reaction
- oedema and itchiness of the face, lips, and tongue
- atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- skin rash from metal belt buckles, watches, skin symptoms after the use of hair dye, perfumes, creams, solutions, make-up, or hygiene products
The physician questions the patient in detail about the development of the symptoms: in what environment and how often do the symptoms develop, are they experienced after the consumption of certain foods or medication, what diseases did the patient suffer recently, previous test results, and any observation as to what may be causing the symptoms.
The allergology examination
- food and pollen allergy blood test (total IgE, specific IgE)
- skin prick test (a drop of liquid containing the allergen is introduced into the skin by scratching with a small puncture device)
- patch test: a special adhesive patch containing the allergen is applied to the patient’s back and is read in specific time intervals
- pulmonology functional tests (lung function tests, bronchial hyperreactivity test)
- radiology examination as needed
Following detailed evaluation, the specialist physician establishes the diagnosis based on the test results. It is discussed with the patient and adequate therapy is recommended, with follow-up examinations as necessary.